Thursday, November 6, 2008

Psalm 139:14

Gruezzi! Welcome to German 101, that means hello, it is the formal way to greet adults here in Switzerland.  To say the last few days have been unbelievable would be an understatement.  I know it has been awhile since we last spoke and I would love to unload everything right now on here, but you'd probably go crazy reading such a long post and I just don't have that much time!  So here we go!

This is pretty cool, so one of the reasons I came to YWAM is for guidance and direction from God and to learn how to truly hear, feel, and see the holy spirit move in me.  The very FIRST teaching we had on Monday was on 'Hearing God's Voice.' If that wasn't a sign then I don't know what is!  Another awesome story like that, before all of us students arrived here and before our leaders knew anything about us, they spent a day praying for each of us hoping to learn something about us from God.  In turn, we had a prayer session the other night where our leaders shared with us what they had revealed to them.  Arnold, my mentor here, shared with me a couple visions that came to Him concerning me.  He told me that he pictured me with an orange ball playing with youth from all across the world.  Lets see, what could that mean? Maybe a basketball in my hands doing sports ministry around the world? What are my dreams again? Oh yeah, sports ministry.  He also had James 1:3-4 on his heart while praying for me, which says: "Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  This had been something that has been an issue of mine for months now! Those are simply two of the many amazing stories thus far.  

There hasn't been any snow fall here around our base since we arrived last week, but the mountain tops surrounding us have snow.  Hopefully, all the snowboarding areas will be open in two weeks because everyone here is incredibly anxious for some snow.  We are having a board waxing party Saturday afternoon, I'm pretty stoked.  Our days during the week are so packed that we haven't had any time to simply hang out with each other; so this weekend will be a great chance for us seven guys to hang out.  Out of the seven guys, three of us are from Oregon! How crazy is that, then one is from British Columbia, another from Huntington Beach, another from Detroit, and last, but not least Norway.  The guys from Norway is David, and he might be one of the funniest guys i've ever met.  So far, all of us have been getting along very well and we've all bonded very quickly.  Four of my leaders are from Switzerland, another one is from somewhere in Canada and my mentor here, Arnold, is from Holland.  To say that they are all awesome wouldn't give them enough credit.  They have done an amazing job leading and teaching us thus far and I honestly feel blessed to have the opportunity to learn from them.  

I'm going to take some pictures of our base and the surrounding area this weekend so I can put them up for you all to see.  And we are going on a long hike on Sunday so I will hopefully be taking some gorgeous pictures then as well.  I will try and post more often, but like I said, my weekdays are packed!  I want you all to know that I miss you and think of you often.  If there is anything specific you'd like to know, just drop me a line and I'd love to answer it.  

2 comments:

  1. You little tit pie! Keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, some pictures would be nice. =) So glad you are learning so much.

    don't know what that guy above said, so i'm just going to ignore it.

    your sister sent out your link. we'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete